What is a factor in math ?
Factors are the numbers you multiply together to get another number. For example, the factors of 15 are 3 and 5 because 3 × 5 = 15.
The factors of a number can be positive or negative, but they cannot be zero.
The factors of a number can be used to find out if the number is prime or not.
A prime number is a number that has only two factors: itself and 1. For example, the number 7 is prime because its only factors are 7 and 1.
List all of the factors of 389 ?
To calculate the factors of 389 , you can use the division method.
1. Begin by dividing 389 by the smallest possible number, which is 2.
2. If the division is even, then 2 is a factor of 389.
3. Continue dividing 389 by larger numbers until you find an odd number that does not divide evenly into 389 .
4. The numbers that divide evenly into 389 are the factors of 389 .
Now let us find how to calculate all the factors of Three hundred eighty-nine :
389 ÷ 1 = 389
389 ÷ 389 = 1
As you can see, the factors of 389 are 1 and 389 .
How to Write Numbers in French Similar to 389?
How many factors of 389 are there ?
The factors of 389 are the numbers that can evenly divide 389 . These numbers are 1 and 389.
Thus, there are a total of 2 factors of 389
What are the factor pairs of 389 ?
Factor Pairs of 389 are combinations of two factors that when multiplied together equal 389. There are many ways to calculate the factor pairs of 389 .
One easy way is to list out the factors of 389 :
1 , 389
Then, pair up the factors:
and (1,389) These are the factor pairs of 389 .
Prime Factorisation of 389
There are a few different methods that can be used to calculate the prime factorization of a number. Two of the most common methods are listed below.
1) Use a factor tree :
1. Take the number you want to find the prime factorization of and write it at the top of the page
2. Find the smallest number that goes into the number you are finding the prime factorization of evenly and write it next to the number you are finding the prime factorization of
3. Draw a line under the number you just wrote and the number you are finding the prime factorization of
4. Repeat step 2 with the number you just wrote until that number can no longer be divided evenly
5. The numbers written on the lines will be the prime factors of the number you started with
For example, to calculate the prime factorization of 389 using a factor tree, we would start by writing 389 on a piece of paper. Then, we would draw a line under it and begin finding factors.
The final prime factorization of 389 would be 389.
2) Use a factorization method :
There are a few different factorization methods that can be used to calculate the prime factorization of a number.
One common method is to start by dividing the number by the smallest prime number that will divide evenly into it.
Then, continue dividing the number by successively larger prime numbers until the number has been fully factorised.
For example, to calculate the prime factorization of 389 using this method, we keep dividing until it gives a non-zero remainder.
389 ÷ 389 = 1
So the prime factors of 389 are 389.
Frequently Asked Questions on Factors
What are all the factors of 389 ?
The factors of 389 are 1 and 389.
What is the prime factorization of 389 ?
The prime factorization of 389 is 389 or 3891, where 389 are the prime numbers .
What are the prime factors of 389 ?
The prime factors of 389 are 389 .
Is 389 a prime number ?
A prime number is a number that has only two factors 1 and itself.
389 it is a prime number because it has the factors 1 and 389.