How do you spell 1000 in words:
Convert 1000 dollars in words (USD):
1000 spelling in British Pound amount (GBP):
How to write 1000 Canadian Dollar in letters (CAD):
How Do You Spell Thousand ?
A thousand is spelled t-h-o-u-s-a-n-d. It can be used as an adjective or a noun, but it is most commonly found as an adjective followed by a noun or a pronoun, as in "a thousand dollars" or "one thousand men".
- For example to spell $1,000: “We need to earn at least a thousand dollars more before the end of this year.”
Thousand is spelled as a three-syllable word beginning with a "th-" sound. The word thousand most often refers to how many of something there are, but can also refer to how large an amount is.
- For example, four thousand people attended the event last night would mean that 4 groups of people went to the event.
In addition, if you're wondering about how do you spell thousand for numbers, the answer is that numbers are spelled how they sound. The number 1,000 is one thousand when spelled out, not one thousend.
How to write numbers in words similar to 1000
Reminder of the spelling rules to write the number 1000 in letters
Here are basic rules for spelling out 1000 and other cardinal numbers :
- To write the number 1000 in dollar amount, the currency symbol is placed before the number, with no spaces : $1000 .
If spelled out in words, the currency symbol is removed : One thousand dollars dollars.
- Decimals should be separated by periods and thousands by commas.
- Numbers from 21 to 99 are written with a hyphen : Seventy-six, Seventy-seven
- From 13 to 19, these numbers are composed of the digits from 3 to 9, and they all end with "-teen" : Sixteen, Seventeen
- If you want to know how to spell another number in English, type any number in the number to words converter above to see how it is spelled in English.