What is a factor in math ?
Factors are the numbers you multiply together to get another number. For example, the factors of 15 are 3 and 5 because 3 × 5 = 15.
The factors of a number can be positive or negative, but they cannot be zero.
The factors of a number can be used to find out if the number is prime or not.
A prime number is a number that has only two factors: itself and 1. For example, the number 7 is prime because its only factors are 7 and 1.
List all of the factors of 124 ?
To calculate the factors of 124 , you can use the division method.
1. Begin by dividing 124 by the smallest possible number, which is 2.
2. If the division is even, then 2 is a factor of 124.
3. Continue dividing 124 by larger numbers until you find an odd number that does not divide evenly into 124 .
4. The numbers that divide evenly into 124 are the factors of 124 .
Now let us find how to calculate all the factors of One hundred twenty-four :
124 ÷ 1 = 124
124 ÷ 2 = 62
124 ÷ 4 = 31
124 ÷ 31 = 4
124 ÷ 62 = 2
124 ÷ 124 = 1
As you can see, the factors of 124 are 1 , 2 , 4 , 31 , 62 and 124 .
How to Write Numbers in French Similar to 124?
How many factors of 124 are there ?
The factors of 124 are the numbers that can evenly divide 124 . These numbers are 1 , 2 , 4 , 31 , 62 and 124.
Thus, there are a total of 6 factors of 124
What are the factor pairs of 124 ?
Factor Pairs of 124 are combinations of two factors that when multiplied together equal 124. There are many ways to calculate the factor pairs of 124 .
One easy way is to list out the factors of 124 :
1 , 2 , 4 , 31 , 62 , 124
Then, pair up the factors:
(1,124),(2,62) and (4,31) These are the factor pairs of 124 .
Prime Factorisation of 124
There are a few different methods that can be used to calculate the prime factorization of a number. Two of the most common methods are listed below.
1) Use a factor tree :
1. Take the number you want to find the prime factorization of and write it at the top of the page
2. Find the smallest number that goes into the number you are finding the prime factorization of evenly and write it next to the number you are finding the prime factorization of
3. Draw a line under the number you just wrote and the number you are finding the prime factorization of
4. Repeat step 2 with the number you just wrote until that number can no longer be divided evenly
5. The numbers written on the lines will be the prime factors of the number you started with
For example, to calculate the prime factorization of 124 using a factor tree, we would start by writing 124 on a piece of paper. Then, we would draw a line under it and begin finding factors.
The final prime factorization of 124 would be 2 x 2 x 31.
2) Use a factorization method :
There are a few different factorization methods that can be used to calculate the prime factorization of a number.
One common method is to start by dividing the number by the smallest prime number that will divide evenly into it.
Then, continue dividing the number by successively larger prime numbers until the number has been fully factorised.
For example, to calculate the prime factorization of 124 using this method, we keep dividing until it gives a non-zero remainder.
124 ÷ 2 = 62
62 ÷ 2 = 31
31 ÷ 31 = 1
So the prime factors of 124 are 2 x 2 x 31.
Frequently Asked Questions on Factors
What are all the factors of 124 ?
The factors of 124 are 1 , 2 , 4 , 31 , 62 and 124.
What is the prime factorization of 124 ?
The prime factorization of 124 is 2 x 2 x 31 or 22 x 311, where 2 , 31 are the prime numbers .
What are the prime factors of 124 ?
The prime factors of 124 are 2 , 31 .
Is 124 a prime number ?
A prime number is a number that has only two factors 1 and itself.
124 it is not a prime number because it has the factors 1 , 2 , 4 , 31 , 62 and 124.